Ancestry DNA- Accessing and Downloading Your Raw Data
We can use your Ancestry raw data. No need to order another genetic test. Just download your raw data file and provide it to us.
We can take your Ancestry profile and interpret your data. You can access your raw genetic data within your Ancestry account.
Raw DNA data is the lab-generated information of a DNA sample that can be downloaded in a .txt (text file) format. The file you download is a .zip file, since we need to compress it due to size. DNA data from other websites cannot be uploaded to Ancestry.
- Sign in to your Ancestry account.
- From any page on Ancestry, click the DNA tab and select Your DNA Results Summary.
- On your DNA homepage, click Settings on the right side of the page.
- In the panel on the right side, click Download Raw DNA Data.
- In the box that pops up, enter your password. Check the box saying that you understand that your downloaded copy of DNA data will not be protected by Ancestry’s security measures after you download it and click Confirm.
- This will trigger an email containing a link to confirm the download. It may take up to 24 hours for the email to arrive. The link in the email will expire after seven days. Make sure you’re checking the email address associated with your Ancestry account by clicking your name or username in the top-right corner of Ancestry and selecting Your Account from the drop-down menu. The email address associated with your Ancestry account will be listed in the Your Account section of that page. If you’re in the right email account, check your junk folder. If you don’t receive the email within 24 hours, please give AncestryDNA a call.