Gluten-free Personalised Lifestyle Program
A gluten-free diet can have unwanted risks and side effects, even for people who are gluten intolerant. It is important you don't make things worse in your efforts to make things better. Work with qualified practitioners who will guide you in how to safely modify your diet.
Firstly, it’s important to not just screen for all gluten intolerance mutations
At iDNA Health our genetic-based gluten screening has been independently validated. so you have information you can trust. Most companies are only reporting on two gluten intolerance mutations, when there are actually six. We report on all six, so our Gluten Intolerance screening is much more extensive and accurate. Read more about Gluten Intolerance Genetic Screening
Change can be difficult. Gluten is buried in so many foods you wouldn’t expect to find it.
If your report shows you have gluten intolerance mutations, then you need to remove gluten and remove it indefinitely. A bit daunting for a lot of people, especially for many men when they find out beer is full of gluten.
There can be risks associated with removing gluten from the diet.
No one should remove major food groups without understanding and mitigating the risks. Adopting a gluten-free diet can lead to:
- Increased levels of a number of bacterial species linked to gastrointestinal diseases such as IBD, celiac and colorectal cancer.
- Alterations in your gut microbiome. You need to compensate for this. Some keystone species can starve when you go gluten free- and this is not a good thing.
- Alterations in your gut microbiome’s metabolic pathways (which will impact on your health).
- And just to make it more complicated. The manner in which your gut microbiome and their metabolic pathways are altered, varies from person to person based upon other genetics.
Our Personalised Programs include:
- Genetic Testing
- Consults with Expert Practitioners
- DNA Health Reports
- Personalised Nutritional Platform with delicious recipes that take into account your food intolerances.
- Support handbook
Read about our Personalised Programs
Contact us today to get started on your Personalised Health Journey.
Order the Food Intolerances + Allergies Package.
Not sure? Take our quiz to find out if you should screen for gluten intolerance.