Lactose-Free Personalised Lifestyle Program
iDNA Health has developed a number of personalised programs to support our patients who have been identified with food intolerances. Active support to help you make changes that will reap long term benefits.
Firstly, it’s important to not just screen for lactose intolerance.
Dairy is complicated from a food intolerance perspective. People who are reacting to dairy may be:
- Lactose intolerant
- Be sensitive to casein (the protein in dairy, which makes up 80% of dairy)
- Have a cow’s milk allergy
- Or any combination of the above.
At iDNA Health our Dairy Report screens for all three so you can make the right decision about dairy in your diet. It’s amazing how many of our patient’s have thought they are lactose intolerant, only to find out they are highly lactose tolerant, but have a cow’ milk allergy or a reacting to the casein. Read more about Lactose Intolerance Genetic Screening
Change can be difficult. Support is important.
Using genetics to confirm lactose intolerance (or any issues with dairy), rather than just guessing, gives our patients a lot more confidence that they are getting correct information. The next critical step is to modify the diet. iDNA Health has developed Personalised Programs to provide support to patients who have food intolerances and need to change their diet. These programs help patients successfully transition their diets, assess their clinical risk and manage the long-term impact of removing a key food group.
There can be risks associated with removing lactose.
No one should remove major food groups without understanding and mitigating the risks. Adopting a lactose-free diet can lead to:
- Decreased levels of galactose which is important for brain and immune function. You need to compensate for this.
- Decreased intake of key nutrients, especially calcium. You need to compensate for this.
- Alterations in gut microbiome. You need to actively support your gut microbiome.
- It is critical when removing food groups from a child’s diet that you ensure their nutritional intake and status. We pay particular attention to this in our Children’s Food Intolerances, Allergies + Skin Program
Our Personalised Programs include:
- Genetic Testing
- Consults with Expert Practitioners
- DNA Health Reports
- Personalised Nutritional Platform with delicious recipes that take into account your food intolerances.
- Support handbook
Read about our Personalised Programs
Contact us today to get started on your Personalised Health Journey.
Order the Food Intolerances + Allergies Package.
Not sure? Take our quiz to find out if you should screen for lactose intolerance.