Kickstart Weight + Wellness Program
Look at your genetics before you start another diet!
This is a DNA-based program with a completely different approach to weight loss. Finally understand your issues and relationship with food, weight gain, weight loss and your health.
Who should do this program?
This is the perfect program for those people who:
- Have tried every diet and still need to lose weight.
- Want a better understanding of why they are struggling with their weight.
- Want to lose weight but want to focus on improving eating habits not just go on another diet.
- Have a poor relationship with food – anxiety about eating; stress and emotional eating; secret eating; restricting food intake, binge eating.
- Gut issues: bloated, irregular bowel movements, pain, cramping.
What are the Focus Areas?
Analysis of Genes Related to Food & Weight Gain
Genes contribute to your risk of obesity, your eating patterns and your food intake in many ways by affecting appetite, satiety, metabolism, food cravings & body-fat composition. Your genetics impacts on the production of your hunger hormone ghrelin which can lead to many issues around overeating and a lack of control around food; fat storage and fat burning; and how you will respond to different types of diets.
Building a Healthy Relationship with Food
Building a healthy relationship with food is a fundamental step before trying another diet. Many people have a very negative relationship with food: anxiety, guilt, shame, binging, food deprivation, emotional eating. Many people feel they have spent their whole lives battling with their weight and have tried one diet after another with no success. We see with many of our clients when they start the Kickstart Program, they just want to get started on the diet first. However, as we get our clients to examine their relationship with food through the lens of their DNA, they end of telling us this was the most important part of the program.
Nutritional and Food Behaviour Analysis
Our Clinical Nutritionist will conduct an in-depth review of your current food intake, habits and eating patterns. This will help us identify key areas that will need to be targeted during your program.
Before starting on any diet plan it is critical to assess if you have any food intolerances. Food intolerances are genetic and can easily be screened. Food intolerances are associated with many autoimmune diseases, gut symptoms, fatigue, anxiety, depression and inflamed skin.
Personalised Diet Plan
All of the information from your DNA, any food intolerances, your nutritional and food behaviour analysis will be reviewed and developed into a truly personalised eating plan. You will then work with our Clinical Nutritionist to implement your program, change your relationship with food and enjoy being a healthy weight supported by sustainable eating habits and patterns.
What’s Included in this program?
- In-house DNA test (we will get your DNA under way if you haven’t done a DNA test yet).
- We can use your 23andme of Ancestry if you’ve done either of these.
- Personalised DNA-based Diet Program and Dietary Platform
- 6-week DNA-Personalised Meal Plan
- Support calls x 4
- Initial Consult DNA Test and Assessment (30 min)
- Review of Personalised Program and DNA Reports (60 min)
- Week 1 of Program (60 min consult)
- Week 2 of Program (45 min consult)
- Week 3 of Program (30 min consult)
- Week 4 of Program (30 min consult)
Personal Training Sessions (Optional)
4 x 30 min Personal Training Sessions with our Personal Trainer who specialises in exercise genetics.
We prepare 7 DNA reports and turn this information into your personalised treatment plan which we will use to guide you during your program.
Weight + Weight Loss Reports
- Fat and Obesity Genes
- Weight Loss Pattern
- Why Weight Loss Failing
- Response to Diet Types (understand what type of diets are suitable for you and those to avoid)
Food intolerances + Allergies Reports
Any food intolerance we identify will be accounted for in your personalised eating program.
- Gluten Intolerance
- Dairy (lactose intolerance, casein sensitivity and cow’s milk allergy)
- Fructose Intolerance
How much does it cost?
This package is available for $1,725 including personal training sessions and $1,445 without the personal training sessions.
*Payment is upfront or finance can be arranged via ZipPay.
* Discount of $250 is available for clients who already have a DNA test.