Why it’s important to screen for Alzheimer’s Risk.
- Alzheimer’s is a global health concern.
- In 2018 Alzheimer’s became the number one killer of Australian women and it’s estimated that 131.5 million people will be living with Dementia by 2050.
- Your genetics is the best way to assess your risk. Genome-wide association studies have identified the genes that increase the risk of developing Alzheimer’s.
- World leading Alzheimer’s researchers know that it is what you do 20-30 years before the onset of symptoms that are the most important.
- If you know early in life you have the high-risk genetic Alzheimer’s genes you can be proactive and adopt interventions to reduce your risk of developing the disease, long before symptoms appear. Read more about the importance of screening and early intervention here.
Why screen through iDNA Health.
- iDNA Health offer the most accurate and comprehensive genetic screening available for Alzheimer’s.
- Referral for in-depth diagnostics and assessment for high-risk individuals.
- Comprehensive, personalised “Healthy Brain” clinical program for those with high risk of Alzheimer’s.
- World leading Alzheimer’s researcher based in the iDNA Health Clinic providing you with the best diagnostics and access to research programs.
Personalised DNA Alzheimer’s Risk Report.
- Your Alzheimer’s genetic risk factors are clearly identified. Your APOE status is reported along with your other significant Alzheimer’s risk genes.
- Clear and precise explanation of the impact of your genetic risk factors.
iDNA Health provides on-going support and has developed a complete and personalised “Healthy Brain” program. We use your other genetic data to identify your most important dietary and lifestyle interventions to help decrease your risk of developing Alzheimer’s. Everyone’s program is different as everyone’s DNA is different.
Contact us today to get started on your Personalised Health Journey.
For tips on early intervention for Alzheimer’s disease, take a look at our Stay Sharp Series.